Microsoft Open Value
Above and beyond Microsoft Open License, Microsoft Open Value offers many benefits. With 3 years of software assurance and the ability to spread payments over the term of the agreement, your organization wins. You also get the added bonus of technical support and training options. As a Microsoft Software Advisor, we are happy to set up pricing information under this program for any products you may be interested in.
Microsoft Open Value is a premium volume licensing offer available under the Open License family. Designed for organizations with as few as five computers, Open Value offers simpler license tracking, greater control over the software upgrade cycle, and better software cost management.
Open Value also offers the advantages of Software Assurance (SA), which includes new version upgrades, technical training, user training, partner services, and product support. These benefits are available through the term of the agreement to improve software resource planning, ROI measurement, and IT professional and user productivity.
Open Value Benefits
- Track licenses more easily. Open Value provides a single agreement to track all licenses on all your desktops, run the same software version on all your PCs, upgrade to the next version at any time, or run a mix of software versions without having to track what is deployed on each desktop.
- Gain control of your upgrade cycle. Open Value grants you the rights to run any version of the licensed software and to upgrade at any time, when it is most convenient for you.
- Budget more effectively and save money. Open Value offers predictable annual payments, so you can make better-informed decisions about what IT projects need to happen each year. In addition, volume pricing helps stretch software budgets further than retail purchase options.
- Get easy access to all the software you need. A broad worldwide reseller channel ensures you have convenient access to thousands of software titles.
- Spread payments. Open Value lets you spread your software costs over three annual payments so you can more effectively manage your software budget and get the software you need now.
Open Value Options
Open Value Company-wide Option. With the Company-wide option, you can receive significant cost savings over other Open License options and secure a single price per desktop (five desktop minimum) for your entire organization. To help with cost management, you have the option to spread the payment for your license annually. You’ll have control over software deployment with the rights to deploy the latest software as needed or the option to deploy as a standard desktop across your organization. And you’ll have access to your licenses for as long as you need them (perpetual). To simplify management of your licenses, you can add licenses onto this agreement for other Microsoft software you deploy on a non-company-wide basis. Software Assurance benefits that are part of the Open Value offering—such as training, partner services, and product support—help to maximize your return on investment.
Non-Company-wide Option. With the Non-Company-wide option, you can license software on a portion of your desktops or servers and manage your software costs by paying for your license in three annualized payments. If you have a Company-wide agreement, you can simplify management of your licenses by adding Non-Company-wide licenses onto your Company-wide agreement.
Compare Open Value
Review the Microsoft Volume Licensing Comparison table to determine if Open Value is the right volume licensing program for you.
Acquiring Microsoft Open Value
Wasatch I.T. is an expert Microsoft Open Value reseller. When you purchase an Open Value agreement:
- Wasatch Software collects information on your requirements regarding the agreement and order.
- We enter order information into a Microsoft eAgreement and place the order.
- An e-mail is sent to you with instructions to log on and electronically sign the agreement. The order is held until the agreement is processed.
- You sign the agreement electronically and Microsoft processes it.
- Microsoft accepts the agreement and processes the order.
- Confirmation is sent to you and Wasatch Software.
Have questions and can’t find the answer? Call us at 888.275.8850 or 801.275.8850 for free software license consulting!